Poole Communities Trust is a charitable organisation whose mission is to promote economic and community growth in the less advantaged areas of Poole by developing and managing a range of community assets.
The following key values are central to the Trust’s work:
- Rooted in the community: We respond to local need.
- Inclusive: We embrace and promote our differences.
- Collaborative: We work in partnership with others.
- Integrity: We behave ethically, honestly, and fairly.
- Not-for-profit: We re-invest all financial surpluses in community assets.
What We Do
Poole Communities Trust is a community led charity based in Poole, a large town on the Dorset coast. Whilst Poole is well known for its fabulous beaches and some successful businesses, there are also significant inequalities.
Our mission is to promote economic and community growth across our town. We primarily do this through the development of community facilities and creating places where people have the chance to thrive.
We help people to get active, keep learning and make friends. Learn more about us by visiting the About Us page or use one of the handy links below.
Improving Buildings & The Community Since 2015
Young People and Adults supported per week
Poole is an area of huge contradictions. From some of the most affluent areas to some of the most disadvantaged.
Our work aims to address the following issues:
- The difference in life expectancy between people living in Poole’s most and least disadvantaged neighbourhoods is 8 years.
- 1 in 10 people report feeling lonely all or most of the time.
- 1 in 3 children living in Poole’s most disadvantaged neighbourhoods are affected by child poverty.
- The Social Mobility Index has identified Poole as a social mobility cold spot, where young people struggle to acquire the education and skills they need to achieve good outcomes as adults.
- The Index of Deprivation places Bourne in the 10% most deprived and Turlin Moor in the 20% most deprived in England.
Be The Difference In Your Community
We rely on people just like you to make a difference in peoples lives. No matter who you are, what skills you have or how much time you have to give, there is a way that you can help us to support our amazing communities.
Join Us – As a Volunteer
Help us to help others by volunteering your time. In return, we can offer you a chance to learn and grow and to make a positive impact on peoples lives.
Join Us – As a Member
We get much of our funding from our fabulous supporters and partner organisations, but we also rely on income from our affordable monthly memberships. Join us to get access to our members area and some special offers and of course, know that you are helping to make a real difference in peoples lives.
We are delighted that both the Talbot Village Trust and BCP Council have made additional grants for our project to build a new Community Hub in Bourne. Huge thanks to the Talbot Village Trust for an additional £30,000 bringing their total contribution to £230,000 and...
Thank you to everyone who came along to the Food Store this week We are trying to have different types of food available – this week we had support from Branksome Fridge who donated lots of bread. Our thanks to all our volunteers. See you next Tuesday 16 June 1-3pm...
Moor Community Food is a community partnership of local organisations and people coming together to provide surplus food to residents of Turlin Moor at a reasonable price & to help reduce food waste. It will run weekly on Tuesdays 1-3pm and Wednesdays 5-7pm at St...