Poole Communities Trust is a charitable organisation whose mission is to promote economic and community growth in the less advantaged areas of Poole by developing and managing a range of community assets.
The following key values are central to the Trust’s work:
- Rooted in the community: We respond to local need.
- Inclusive: We embrace and promote our differences.
- Collaborative: We work in partnership with others.
- Integrity: We behave ethically, honestly, and fairly.
- Not-for-profit: We re-invest all financial surpluses in community assets.
What We Do
Poole Communities Trust is a community led charity based in Poole, a large town on the Dorset coast. Whilst Poole is well known for its fabulous beaches and some successful businesses, there are also significant inequalities.
Our mission is to promote economic and community growth across our town. We primarily do this through the development of community facilities and creating places where people have the chance to thrive.
We help people to get active, keep learning and make friends. Learn more about us by visiting the About Us page or use one of the handy links below.
Improving Buildings & The Community Since 2015
Young People and Adults supported per week
Poole is an area of huge contradictions. From some of the most affluent areas to some of the most disadvantaged.
Our work aims to address the following issues:
- The difference in life expectancy between people living in Poole’s most and least disadvantaged neighbourhoods is 8 years.
- 1 in 10 people report feeling lonely all or most of the time.
- 1 in 3 children living in Poole’s most disadvantaged neighbourhoods are affected by child poverty.
- The Social Mobility Index has identified Poole as a social mobility cold spot, where young people struggle to acquire the education and skills they need to achieve good outcomes as adults.
- The Index of Deprivation places Bourne in the 10% most deprived and Turlin Moor in the 20% most deprived in England.
Be The Difference In Your Community
We rely on people just like you to make a difference in peoples lives. No matter who you are, what skills you have or how much time you have to give, there is a way that you can help us to support our amazing communities.
Join Us – As a Volunteer
Help us to help others by volunteering your time. In return, we can offer you a chance to learn and grow and to make a positive impact on peoples lives.
Join Us – As a Member
We get much of our funding from our fabulous supporters and partner organisations, but we also rely on income from our affordable monthly memberships. Join us to get access to our members area and some special offers and of course, know that you are helping to make a real difference in peoples lives.
Huge thanks to the Postcode Local Trust for a grant of £19,743 towards the new outdoor multi use games area for the Bourne Community Hub. The work will be made possible by the award from the Postcode Local Trust , a grant giving charity funded entirely by players of...
Thanks to a grant from the Leonardo Trust , who help people who care for others , a new project has started in Turlin Moor. Nicky Pitt, a local volunteer takes up this new 3 hours a week role with the Trust. Nicky will be engaging with local carers, developing...
The last grant funding raised by Ann, our much missed Community Worker at Turlin Moor was for the Mind the Gap art project at Hamworthy Station. Whilst it has taken a while for the first phase to get underway the wall looks fabulous. Judith Bacon, Trustee was...